Hello! Welcome to ExerSIZE. This community, created by garygetsnolove (thanks, hun, for creating such a wonderful community!) and now maintained by gloomchen, is all about healthy living. If you've come here, you are finally serious about losing weight, or becoming more fit. If you're not serious, you may get motivation from those who post here.
It's a place where anyone could go, not just girls not just guys, not just the thin, not just the larger, not just anyone but EVERYONE for support when it comes to any of the following: Diet, Diet change Exercise, or lack there of Tips, on self esteem, lifestyle change, diet, exercise, time savers, and more Body perception, self esteem boosters
We're here to guide each other, using the power of strength in numbers along with the wisdom of the successful to help all of us be healthy and have great bodies!!!
Please do not lose sight of the fact that you are not what your body looks like. You are a beautiful individual with lots of other qualities besides your body.
A healthy lifestyle is a reward on its own.
You may introduce yourself with some sort of introductory post if you like, you know, "Hi my name is ____ I weigh ____ my goals are ____" and these intro posts are strongly encouraged so we can get to know you.
So please, all, feel welcome.
Forbidden 1. Pro-Ana discussion. If you are recovering from an eating disorder, we understand and are here to help you, so pro-ana discussion can be a big trigger. There are other communities for this.
2. Abuse. Of any kind. You can not come here and bash other members for any reason. It simply will not happen. This is a safe haven for anyone of any size or gender to come and feel comfortable... not to feel vulnerable to those ignorant few who never heard, "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all"
Other than that, I really don't care what goes on here. Just be nice, and be supportive and you'll love it here!
Here are some tips that may help you get started:
* Except for perhaps the start of your weight loss program, where weight loss often drops rapidly due to water loss or a metabolic boost, you should not be losing more than 2 pounds a week (1 kg for metrics). Doing this over an extended period of time can cause serious medical problems. In fact, the best way to lose weight and keep it off is to lose no more than 1 lb/week.
* Speaking of medical problems: if you have ANY, you should consult your doctor beginning any weight loss program. It is also highly recommended that you consult a doctor if you are trying to lose over 50 lbs.
* On to exercise... while any physical activity burns calories, you can not lose weight in one specific area of the body alone. For instance, doing ab toning exercises will not make you lose stomach fat -- this will burn some calories, but primarily tone muscle underneath. If you are looking to burn fat off your body, the absolute best way to do this is with 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise within your target heart rate, 3-5 times a week. The formula for your target heart rate: subtract your age from 220 to find your maximum heart rate. Take that number times 60%, then by 80%. Keep your heart rate between those numbers during your workout.
* Eat breakfast! This gives you energy to start your day and keeps your metabolism up.
* Many people here have mentioned it: try FitDay (www.fitday.com) if you are looking for calculations for calories burned for particular exercise, food content, or just as some place to diary your plans, progress, and goals. If you can't find your food on Fitday, try www.calorieking.com
* Simple math equation for weight loss: cut 500 calories a day, every day, equals 3500 calories a week, which is equal to burning one pound of fat.
GOOD LUCK!!! Feel free to email me at any time if you have any comments or concerns. Let me know if you need help or if you have opinions to voice!!!!